Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe #3 - Chinese fried rice in 15 minutes

Thanks to Abirami Bharath, it took multiple attempts to get this recipe right.
I used to get my veggies soggy before I could add rice. So I ll write the recipe and follow with common mistakes and tips

Fried Rice

1. In 3 tbsp oil, fry 1 slit green chillies, slivered garlic pieces, spring onions and fry well..

2. Add carrots, peas, broccoli, musrooms, soy sauce, chillie sauce, 1 tsp ajinomotto, salt.

3. After having fried the above well, add cabbage and capsicum and fry for 3 more mins. Remember we don't want it fully cooked. 50% cooked is good enough.

4. Now add rice which is only 70% cooked and mix well. Long grain rices work the best. I use Basmati rice.


Common mistakes

- Control sauce portions or they can your fried rice soggy.
- We want the veggies to be semi-cooked. That gives a crunchy texture.


No comments: