Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe #1 - If Coriandar and Peas is all you have

Recipe #1

Nita Sharma has been one my favorite chefs fow an year now. Her recipes are simple, ingredients are easy to find and my book called ' 10 minutes cooking' is a hit in my house.

Grind together 2 cups chopped cilantro, 4 flakes garlic, 1 in Ginger, 2 Green Chillies, juice of one lemon, 1 tomato and salt.

Saute jeera, hing and kalonji ( onion seeds) and add 2 cups shelled peas. fry well for 5 mins and add dhaniya paste.

Pressure cook if possible or leave on gas for 15 mins. Add tomato finally. Serve hot..

This goes well with chappathis and cream. Achar would complete the combination.

For those who, like me enjoy the smell of fresh cilantro ( coriandar), green chillies this is a great side dish to chappthis.

I used the left over with rice the next day.

No comments: