Friday, January 27, 2012

Recipe #4 : Grapes, Celery and sev Burger

Having been on WW for last one , I have transformed my food habits. It's more fruits and vegetables, I am lighter than ever before and needless to say, feel more energetic and confident.
Recently I came across this recipe with Grapes, celery and yoghurt filling inside hamburger. I made it one night and maaan, it was delicious, filling and was 2 or 3 points on WW scale.
When I had the first bite, my indianized palette wanted some spices in it. Added sandwich masala and it got yummier, add red chillie powder and it got even more interesting.
I further tweaked it and made my very own Indian, grape yoghurt filling which can be made as follows.


1/2 cup seedless Grapes halved/chopped
1/4 cup celery chopped
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (low in fat and high in protein). You may add your own yoghurt
Salt
Pepper
Chat Masala
Cumin powder pinch
Red Chillie powder as required
1/4 cup Sprouts ( I know it can't be healthier)
Boiled potatoes (little)
Imli chutney/ Maggie hot and sour ( watch the qty and spice levels)
Some Sev( optional)
Chana boiled (black preferred)
To add crunch you may either add puffed rice or some matri/ poori. ( I didnt add any)

Mix it all with a spoon and fill it inside two light pepperidge farm toasted bread/ hot dog buns and enjoy a wholesome, filling and delicious dinner.

No comments: